*******

*******

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Favorite Soap Dish

This sweet little soap dish was a treasure I brought back from one of my trips home to England, some thirty years ago.
I've always enjoyed the soft brown color, and flowered design.
 

The Mason stoneware company made this exclusive piece, for the Crabtree and Evelyn store of London.
Retailer of bath and body products, gourmet foods, candles, home decor, and gifts.


 
The name Mason dates back to the early 1800's in England in terms of stoneware production.
Throughout the years the company has gone through numerous changes, but eventually joined the Wedgwood Group in 1973, where it continues to produce its fine stoneware. 

 

10 comments:

Pat said...

It's lovely. I can see why it's a favorite piece.

Nellie said...

How lovely that you have one of those soap dishes! I dare not make too many visits to the Crabtree and Evelyn store in our mall.:)

Snapper II said...

Beautiful pieces.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

The little soap dish is a very beautiful little treasure.
love
tweedles

BarbaraB said...

Crabtree and Evelyn are the makers of the perfume I've loved above all others for more than 50 years.

Janneke said...

Indeed a lovely Mason's soap dish! We have a Crabtree and Evelyn store in our nearest town too, when I am there it's always very tempting to buy something.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a lovely, lovely treasure!!

Susie said...

Jo, Your treasured soap dish looks new. You do have some wonderful keepsakes. I am looking at your side bar with all the beautiful scenes of warmer times...dreaming too. Blessings sweet Jo. xoxo,Susie

L. D. said...

It is a beautiful piece. It is fun to have those things that relate to a great history. I at first thought it was sponge ware and then I saw all the beautiful patterns on it of leaves and flowers.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely Jo, such a treasure!