Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Autumn....

Yesterday was a balmy 79 degrees here in middle Tennessee with humidity levels comparable to those of Summer months.
They say if you don't like the weather here in Tennessee, stick around a day or two....it'll change.
Change it has !

Today started off in the low 50's and it didn't climb much higher all day long. Fall is making it's presence known, and I for one love it.

Today, I noticed decorations everywhere, porches, shopfronts, sidewalks, town squares. Beautiful vibrant fall colors, pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks Indian corn and chrysanthemums.
Whimsy and beauty alike.

It's the beginning of slowing down, nesting, and maybe even a little pumpkin carving...

10 comments:

Butternut Squash said...

Fabulous photo! You really have to click on it to get the full effect.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

You didn't mention it, Jo, so I hope your computer is okay now.... You'll have to read my blog today. We drove home through your area in STORMS late yesterday afternoon. Scary!!!

Cute picture---showing all of the decorations.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sunny said...

What a wonderfully festive picture for Autumn. Many happy memories of carving pumpkins!
Sunny :)

DJan said...

I'm hoping that your internet problems are easing up, as this lovely post shows that you are still there, still blogging. I also like the fall, and now that it has gotten colder here I think my allergies have backed off. It's in the mid-30s this morning here in upper Washington state.

Kay said...

This has always been one of my favorite fall photos. Something about the lighting I think. Makes it feel like the holidays are coming.

Kay

Unknown said...

Great pic, and comment on fall. My sister lives very near Milwaukee Wis. I recieved an e-mail from her, where she said her lawn needed mowing, well she mowed it in the first snow of this year. Her neighbors must have thought she was Daffy.

Patsy said...

That looks like a Terry Redlin print, I like it.
Patsy

The Retired One said...

I love this shot of the little shop all lit up against the snowy outside. PERFECT!

Ambiance in the Attic said...

I hope your computer is over it now. I am so drawn to your blog~ I must see the photos here, all of them, every day~ it magnetizes me, delightfully!

I was helping my son research a school project and came accross a fabulous website called trekearth.com. It is a site dedicated to learning about the earth through photography. Just pick a place to visit... Let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

We've been having 50 degree weather here for the last couple of weeks with freezing temperatures overnight. I have to scrape the ice from my windshield every morning.