*

*

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rain Stops Play....

As with so many other people, Saturdays are a work-day for me.
Not the kind where you catch up on your gardening chores, or plow through stacks of laundry, or do the weekly grocery shopping.

Instead, I wear my broadest smile, and don my hat as a Leasing Agent, with the town's most upscale apartment homes community.

Today, it has rained almost non-stop, keeping all but the bravest of souls inside their homes.

It's a cozy and pleasant place to be, on a rainy day, reminding me so much of England; and so for the majority of the day I was confined indoors, looking out the window, onto an eerily silent and empty swimming pool......










11 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

What a gorgeous place, Jo. As I told you, we had alot of rain here today also... Now it's supposed to get COLD... Hmmmmmm--what's up with that?
Hugs,
Betsy

Southern Drawl said...

Rainy days can be a nice change of pace for sure... :)

Pastor Sharon said...

Wow. . . what a gorgeous place to be during the rain!

TheWritersPorch said...

Well Jo, where was your book?
Never be caught without a book sweetie!! HA!
~ Carol ~

George said...

It's stopped raining here at least for now, but it is definitely chilly! This looks like a great apartment complex.

Gaston Studio said...

I love rainy days. My son and I used to sit in the doorways so that we could hear and feel the rain. We had some of our most profound talks that way.

Dave Pie-n-Mash said...

It looks like a nice place! Not a bad place to be stuck on a rainy day!

bennie and patsy said...

Very nice place, It has been a lovely Sunday a little cool.
Patsy

Patti Cakes said...

I've worked and worked and worked and worked. A lot of it was just cleaning up and pulling weeds, trimming shrubs and trees. Repotted some plants and got two ferns to hang out on the front porch. John has promised to take the shutters down this week and I'm going to paint them and the front door.

Stephen Baird said...

wow. what an incredible collection of photos you have here. great stuff.
nikonsniper

Janet said...

Well, I suppose there are worse places to spend a rainy Saturday. :-)